Get ready for SUNY Mascot Madness
Welcome to the First Annual GenerationSUNY Mascot Madness! This is a competition where YOU can decide who is the BEST SUNY mascot. We are excited to announce that this year’s contest includes 30 SUNY campuses representing 472 athletic teams and over 220,000 students!
Over our 64 campuses, SUNY has 80 NCAA Division I, 290 NCAA Division III, and 385 NJCAA athletics teams, not to mention teams in other athletics associations and club teams! Our mascots work so hard cheering on every SUNY student athlete – why not cheer them on?
We’ve interviewed each competing mascot to learn a little more about them… Where they are from, what their favorite school event is, even what their favorite foods are. You’ll learn what it is that makes these dedicated supporters of SUNY athletic teams, students and alumni tick.
Read on to see how the tournament will work.
How it works:
- A standard single-elimination bracket of four divisions with five rounds will be used for competition. Click here to see who your school’s mascot is facing!
- Seed rankings were based on the number of teams that each mascot represents. Ties were settled by student enrollment. SUNY Cortland and SUNY Brockport, the number one and two seeds, received a “bye” for the first round.
- You may vote once per round, per matchup on the SUNY Mascot Madness website
- In the event of a tie, the additional social media followers gained by final schools over the life of Mascot Madness will be used to help determine a winner.
- The Champion will receive a prize to commemorate their victory!
Round 5 – Final: Friday, March 29 12:00 p.m. – Thursday, April 4 12:00 p.m.
Good luck to all and may the best mascot win!