SUNY Joins Governor Cuomo, Other NYS Agencies in Adirondack Challenge
Eight SUNY System Administration employees were invited to represent the state’s higher education system in the I LOVE NY Adirondack Challenge Governor’s Invitational Whitewater Race in July. The Saranac Lake area event is positioned to endorse tourism throughout the North Country with a celebration of New York’s beautiful Adirondacks region, culminating in a day of water races, food, music and more.
Navigating 2 1/2 miles for the Team #14 SUNY boat, are from left:
- Michael Frame, Director of Federal Relations for SUNY System Administration;
- University at Albany Head Baseball Coach Jon Mueller.
- Cathy Kaszluga, Vice President for Strategy and Planning at the Research Foundation for SUNY;
- Tim Moore, Dean of the School of Agriculture and Natural Resources at SUNY Cobleskill;
- Joe Storch, Associate Counsel for SUNY System Administration;
- Christine Pirri, Executive Director for Human Resources at Schenectady County Community College;
[iframe width=”560″ height=”340″ src=”http://cdn.livestream.com/embed/newyorkstateofficeofthegovernor?layout=4&clip=pla_4f5a9d70-53d8-4953-8dbb-27eb0d9dde6f&height=340&width=560&autoplay=false” style=”border:0;outline:0″ frameborder=”0″ scrolling=”no”]
“The Adirondack Challenge was an exciting event to raise awareness of such an important part of New York State’s economy – tourism, especially in the North Country,” said Michael Frame, Director of Federal Relations for SUNY System Administration. “Before the event, I was unaware of the opportunities to enjoy the Indian Lake area. But after participating in the rafting excursion and enjoying the beauty of the area, I would definitely go back.”
Head over to Governor Cuomo’s official Flickr account for some great photos of the day’s activities!