SUNY logo Apply to SUNY

Blog of The State University of New York
General
0

Meet Shaniese Alston, Our Newest Intern

Shaniese Alston PicHi everyone! My name is Shaniese Alston and I am the newest social media intern for the Office of New Media at SUNY System Administration. I am excited to become a new member of the team and lend my voice to the stories you will all be reading. I am a senior at University at Albany and I will be graduating in May 2014 with a degree in communications and a minor in business. I am originally from Freeport, Long Island.

Besides my love for social media, I am a certified fashion and beauty junkie. This past summer, I interned at L’Oreal USA headquarters in New York City for Giorgio Armani Cosmetics and it was an amazing experience (plus I got to take some free makeup). During my free time, I like to blog. I write for obaz.com and I have two blogs named Naturalista Beauty and Comfort Fashionista (check them out). As you all guessed, I hope to work in the fashion, beauty or entertainment fields as a public relations or marketing executive.

In addition to writing blogs, I love watching TV. I am obsessed with shows like Girls, Scandal, and Pretty Little Liars. On the flip side, I am a sports fanatic. I love watching tennis, track, gymnastics, volleyball, football and my favorite sport basketball. My favorite basketball team is the Boston Celtics.

With this internship, I hope to enhance my social media skills, become digital-savvy, and conquer this digital world. I strive to improve my writing skills and to learn the strategic side of social media.

I am thrilled of the opportunity to work with such experienced professionals and I look forward to writing and contributing to material you will all enjoy!

Shaniese Alston

Written by Shaniese Alston

Shaniese Alston was a student assistant in the Office of New Media of the State University of New York for the fall 2013 academic semester while a student at the University at Albany.

Tags: ,

Similar:

Join the Conversation:

There are 0 comments