Where are you from?
I was one of 8 pups born in a litter of purebred Great Danes in Albany, NY known for their athletic prowess and unstoppable dance moves.
- How many teams do you represent?
UAlbany has 19 sports, but the Great Danes are 1 team!
- How were you chosen to be school mascot?
I was chosen in a contest by the UAlbany student body to replace a penguin in 1965. Yeah, I'm not kidding, a penguin. I think he still lives down by the pond.
- Do you have any friends that are mascots?
I get along pretty well with all the Capital Region mascots, including Hooper, Devil Dawg, and Southpaw the ValleyCat. I’ve had my ups and downs with Bernie from Siena.
- What is your favorite campus event?
Big Purple Growl is the best event on campus! The SEFCU Arena is full of screaming purple people, all cheering me and the teams to victory!
- What do you consider the ideal fan?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog. But it helps to be the biggest dog in the fight. Enthusiasm is key.
- What's it like to be a mascot?
So boss. I mean besides Tom Cruise, who gets to have Danger Zone as their theme song?! Ooo, I would look sweet in some aviators.
- What do you like to do for fun?
I like to chase things. Like birds and cats – (WildCATS, BearCATS, CATamounts). Oh, and I like to win. Winning is fun.
- What is your favorite Broadway play?
Mamma Mia! Abba is my guilty pleasure.
- What is your favorite New York State destination?
New York State is great, but I love the Capital Region most. I can jog along the Hudson Riverwalk, watch the races in Saratoga and hike the Indian Ladder Trail at Thacher Park.