- Where are you from?
I hail from the Black Hills of South Dakota. I made the journey to the Adirondacks in search of my ancestral roots, and some R&R along the shore of Lake Champlain.
- How many teams do you represent?
I proudly represent 6 teams in the Region III Mountain Valley Conference: Women’s Basketball, Softball, and Soccer, and Men’s Basketball, Baseball, and Soccer.
- How were you chosen to be the school mascot?
I began my tenure on November 5th, 1991; hired by the Student Senate. I think they liked my coloring (I look great in Blue and Orange), plus I had a WAY better growl than the other candidates. Since cougars were once native to the Adirondacks, I fit Clinton’s pride of place in the Adirondacks and historic campus.
- Do you have any friends that are mascots?
My best friend is McGruff, the Criminal Justice Department’s crime dog mascot. We go way back.
- What is your favorite campus event?
The Battle of Plattsburgh Parade! Every September I get to prowl the streets of Plattsburgh with the students and staff of Clinton. I love growling at all the people on the parade route.
- What do you consider the ideal fan?
Someone who comes to every game! This year, one of our VP’s attended EVERY game. Love the dedication!
- What’s it like to be a mascot?
Being a mascot is tough work, but super rewarding. I love the fans and supporting our teams.
- What do you like to do for fun?
Fish. There’s great fishing here in the Adirondacks – from the depths of Lake Champlain to all the rivers and streams.
- What is your favorite Broadway play?
- What is your favorite New York State destination?
Love to visit all the cool cats at the Bronx Zoo.