- Where are you from?
I was born in a nest overlooking Lake Minnewaska in the majestic Shawangunk Mountains of New Paltz. After I learned to fly, I decided to go to the New Paltz campus to look for some squirrels to eat. I’ve been here ever since!
- How many teams do you represent?
- How were you chosen to be school mascot?
It was between me and a rabbit. So I ate the rabbit.
- Do you have any friends that are mascots?
I ate them, too.
- What is your favorite campus event?
The SUNY Mascot Madness contest, of course!
- What is your favorite New York State destination?
The Catskill Mountains. I’m a bird, so I always have the best view. And there are so many tasty critters for me to munch on!
- What is your favorite Broadway play?
- What do you consider the ideal fan?
Anyone who comes out to games and roots for the Hawks is an ideal fan. But I admit I play favorites – specifically, the ones who bring me tasty snakes to eat during halftime.
- What’s it like to be a mascot?
Well, as a hawk, I’m used to animals running away when they see me coming. But these humans at New Paltz sure know how to make a bird feel special. I love the attention and I love supporting the New Paltz Hawks!
- What do you like to do for fun?
I like to cook and experiment with recipes. I asked the folks at Hugo’s fine dining restaurant here on campus if they would consider putting my delicious deep-fried mouse nuggets with lizard chutney on the menu. I can’t believe they turned me down!