- Where are you from?
Purchase, of course. Plenty of mountain lion sightings in lower Westchester county these days, but I’ve been in town for three decades.
- How many teams do you represent?
- How were you chosen to be school mascot?
Been around PC since the late 1960s, but my role really took off during the 1980s when we changed our school colors to Orange and Blue to look more like the NY Knicks, who were sharing the facility with us. The Panther name, backed by the Orange and Blue, provided a rebirth of sorts for athletics. Around 2006, the campus gave me my name, Perseus, honoring the Greek mythology figure of the same name.
- Do you have any friends that are mascots?
We Panthers stick to our packs … Got much love for other SUNY Panthers, like my cousin over at Old Westbury.
- What is your favorite campus event?
Really can’t get enough here in Pantherville … I have high-five my paw for all! Sports, sport, sports and more sports … to steal a line from my buddy, Tony the Tiger, “THEY’RE GREEEEEAAAAATTT!
- What is your favorite New York State destination?
Duh, Purchase College, of course!
- What is your favorite Broadway play?
Lion King! … Although it should be named Panther King … at least in my book.
- What do you consider the ideal fan?
A loyal one!
- What’s it like to be a mascot?
Dream job of a lifetime … hardest gig for a Panther to score … there’s only so many programs that go by the nickname, you know.
- What do you like to do for fun?
Run up and down the stands … high-fiving everyone.