A new ranking report from the American City Business Journal (the parent company of the Albany and Buffalo Business Review) has put several SUNY schools on the list of “Best Public Colleges in America”. This demonstrates that SUNY is still considered one of the best options for gaining an excellent education, at an affordable price. The report was based on a 19 part formula that looked at multiple factors including the schools admissions process, graduation and retention rates, costs of tuition and housing, diversity and the economic strength of the surrounding community. Of the SUNY schools represented on the list, Binghamton University was ranked as the top public four-year college in New York and #18 in the nation.
In recognition of the rankings, Chancellor Nancy Zimpher responded, “Congratulations to each of the SUNY colleges ranked among the best of the best by American City Business Journals. This most recent designation reflects the exceptional quality of a SUNY degree, an opportunity we aim to bring to 150,000 SUNY graduates annually by 2020.”
The SUNY schools ranked in the list nationally are below:
- Binghamton University – # 18 (# 1 Public School in New York)
- Stony Brook University – # 32
- SUNY Geneseo – # 35
- University at Buffalo – # 47
- University at Albany – #64 (#6 Public School in New York)
- SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry – #65
- SUNY New Paltz – #72
- SUNY Oneonta – #95
- Purchase College – #97
- College at Brockport – #106
- SUNY Cortland – #126
- SUNY Plattsburgh – #130
- SUNY Oswego – #131
- SUNY Fredonia – #151
- SUNY Institute of Technology (Now SUNY Polytechnic Institute) – #179
- SUNY Buffalo State – #180
- SUNY College at Old Westbury – #209
- Farmingdale State College – #221
- SUNY Potsdam – #250
With recognition such as this, SUNY appears to be on the right track to accomplish the Chancellors goal of educating and graduating more students by 2020!
For a full review of the rankings, visit BizJournals.com.