30 Days of Giving 2015 – In Review
Each year through the course of the year-end holiday season, we take the opportunity to share with you many stories of our campuses providing services for their local communities in the annual 30 Days of Giving campaign. In the spirit of the holiday season, these stories encourage people to seek out their own charitable or volunteer efforts and make a difference in their local communities. And 2015 was no different.
The range of efforts was wide this year. We saw campuses hold fund raising events for cancer and alzheimer’s awareness. Many campuses went out into their communities and participated in clean-up and revitalization efforts. And some stayed on campus to engage their student bodies to donate time and goods to the needy in their local regions.
These efforts aren’t simply charity fundraisers. They provide students with the opportunity to participate in an applied learning experience that fosters meaningful and reciprocal partnerships with our communities. In taking part in these programs, students develop action and leadership skills that help them through their path to college completion.
Chancellor Zimpher has been quoted saying about SUNY that “We work toward a common goal: To revitalize New York’s economy and enhance the quality of life for all its citizens.” The efforts brought out by our campuses prove this year in and year out.
Revisit the day by day entries from the 2015 30 Days of Giving below.
2015 30 Days of Giving
- Day 1: Binghamton University hosts Welcome Week Service Project
- Day 2: Brockport hosts a Saturday of Service
- Day 3: Niagara CCC Penny Wars for St Jude’s Children Research Hospital
- Day 4: Farmingdale Little Flower Event
- Day 5: Onondaga CC works to help K.I.D.S.
- Day 6: Tompkins Cortland Participates in Cancer Resource Charity Walk
- Day 7: SUNY ESF Contributes to the Food Recovery Network
- Day 8: Literacy Matters at FMCC
- Day 9: HVCC Builds Walls for Habitat for Humanity
- Day 10: Oswego’s Positive Community Impact Through SEFA
- Day 11: Dutchess CC Organizes Clothing and Food Drives
- Day 12: Morrisville Holds Back To School Drive
- Day 13: Charity on Ice at SUNY Cortland
- Day 14: Delhi’s Out of the Darkness Event for Suicide Prevention
- Day 15: Dare to Care Day at Buffalo State
- Day 16: FIT Students Engineer Garments for Veterans with Disabilities
- Day 17: SUNY Ulster Sends Text Books to Kenya
- Day 18: Niagara CCC Tackles Breast Cancer Awareness
- Day 19: Herkimer CCC Supports Gram Lorraine Children’s Christmas Program
- Day 20: Jefferson CC Gives Gift of Comfort
- Day 21: SUNY Canton Giving Tree
- Day 22: Alfred State participates in ELK Charity Challenge
- Day 23: Old Westbury goes Shopping for Service
- Day 24: SUNY Oneonta Giving Tree
- Day 25: Purchase College provides free ESOL classes
- Day 26: Tree Trot at Fredonia supports Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Day 27: Geneseo Continues to Provide Hurricane Relief
- Day 28: Rockland CC luncheon raises funds for Alzheimer’s Foundation
- Day 29: Stony Brook Bike-A-Thon For Disabilities
- Day 30: Suffolk County CC volunteers at Special Olympics event