30 Days of Giving 2015: Tompkins Cortland Participates in Cancer Resource Charity Walk
This year students from Tompkins Cortland Community College participated in a local charity walk to support the Cancer Resource Center of the Finger Lakes in Ithaca. A student group of about a dozen students volunteered to help with the event, which took place approximately 15 miles from their campus. The volunteers were organized by the Tompkins Cortland Student Activity office, which coordinated logistics, including transportation to the event.
The students were particularly excited to volunteer for this charity, not just because one of their instructors, Kerry Curran is involved with the charity but also because it is a great cause; it provides support, information, and community to those suffering with cancer. They make this very clear in their mission statement:
“We offer face-to-face comfort and assistance during a stressful time.
We provide a supportive environment that lets you catch your breath and get your bearings.
We tailor our services to the needs of each individual. We begin by asking, “How can we help?”
We provide community for people with cancer and their loved ones.
…because no one should face cancer alone.”
2015 30 Days of Giving
- Day 1: Binghamton University hosts Welcome Week Service Project
- Day 2: Brockport hosts a Saturday of Service
- Day 3: Niagara CCC Penny Wars for St Jude’s Children Research Hospital
- Day 4: Farmingdale Little Flower Event
- Day 5: Onondaga CC works to help K.I.D.S.
- Day 6: Tompkins Cortland Participates in Cancer Resource Charity Walk
- Day 7: SUNY ESF Contributes to the Food Recovery Network
- Day 8: Literacy Matters at FMCC
- Day 9: HVCC Builds Walls for Habitat for Humanity
- Day 10: Oswego’s Positive Community Impact Through SEFA
- Day 11: Dutchess CC Organizes Clothing and Food Drives
- Day 12: Morrisville Holds Back To School Drive
- Day 13: Charity on Ice at SUNY Cortland
- Day 14: Delhi’s Out of the Darkness Event for Suicide Prevention
- Day 15: Dare to Care Day at Buffalo State
- Day 16: FIT Students Engineer Garments for Veterans with Disabilities
- Day 17: SUNY Ulster Sends Text Books to Kenya
- Day 18: Niagara CCC Tackles Breast Cancer Awareness
- Day 19: Herkimer CCC Supports Gram Lorraine Children’s Christmas Program
- Day 20: Jefferson CC Gives Gift of Comfort
- Day 21: SUNY Canton Giving Tree
- Day 22: Alfred State participates in ELK Charity Challenge
- Day 23: Old Westbury goes Shopping for Service
- Day 24: SUNY Oneonta Giving Tree
- Day 25: Purchase College provides free ESOL classes
- Day 26: Tree Trot at Fredonia supports Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Day 27: Geneseo Continues to Provide Hurricane Relief
- Day 28: Rockland CC luncheon raises funds for Alzheimer’s Foundation
- Day 29: Stony Brook Bike-A-Thon For Disabilities
- Day 30: Suffolk County CC volunteers at Special Olympics event