SUNY Mascot Madness 2014 – Finals
Welcome to Round 4 in the Second Annual SUNY Mascot Madness! This is a competition where YOU can decide who is New York’s favorite campus mascot! This year’s contest includes a record 44 SUNY campuses representing more than 637 athletic teams and 350,000 students!
SUNY has more than 85 NCAA Division I, 290 NCAA Division III, and 385 NJCAA athletics teams, as well as hundreds of non-competitive athletics clubs. Our mascots work so hard cheering on every SUNY student athlete, so why not cheer them on? Last year, 100,000 voters cast their ballot to edge a win for SUNY New Paltz’s “Hugo” over Stony Brook University’s “Wolfie Seawolf” in the championship round. We’ve interviewed each competing mascot to learn a little more about them, like what their favorite New York State destination is and how they became a mascot in the first place. You’ll learn what it is that make these dedicated supporters of SUNY athletic teams, students and alumni tick.
A little recap…
- Round 1 saw a record 44 mascots compete. Over 100,000 votes were cast from more than 45 countries across the globe–each in the spirit of New York public education.
- Round 2 brought 16 winners of Round 1 to face off in pursuit of the 2014 title. Through sweat, feathers, and dance, the Elite Eight SUNY Mascot Madness 2014 competitors were crowned.
- Round 3 saw each of the eight finalists rise to the occasion; more than 70,000 votes were put forth by supporters to select the Final Four!
- Round 4 introduced social voting, which ended up being the deciding factor for the SUNY New Paltz’s Hugo and College at Brockport’s Ellsworth matchup (Ellsworth flew on top by less than one percentage point) and helped drive Binghamton University’s Baxter to claim his spot against SUNY Cortland’s Blaze.
This round will crown New York’s favorite college mascot in SUNY Mascot Madness 2014!
The Finals begin at noon on Tuesday, April 1 and ends on Thursday, April 3 at 12:00 p.m.
BONUS: Every 1 Facebook or Twitter “share” from this page that brings an additional supporter to SUNY Mascot Madness will add 1 bonus point! Bonus totals will be updated once a day on Tuesday and Wednesday and once every two hours between 9 a.m. and 12 p.m. on Thursday, April 3.
Remember to click over to read all of the interviews with our mascot participants. Each one of them tells us a bit about their personality, how they came to be a mascot at their campus, and some of their more interesting habits. Then, vote for your favorite personality!
► Burning time? Check out these 8 Ingeniously Creative Mascot Submission Videos ◄
Voting is now closed.
Mascot Madness 2014 Championship
- Binghamton University (56%, 16,462 Votes)
- College at Brockport (45%, 13,135 Votes)
Total Voters: 29,450
Learn more about the mascots: