SUNY logo Apply to SUNY

Blog of The State University of New York
General
0

Meet Our Newest Intern, Ilene Rothman

Hi, my name is Ilene Rothman and I am the newest Digital and Social Media Intern for the SUNY Communications Team. I am a senior at the University at Albany majoring in business administration with concentrations in information systems, business analytics, and marketing. I also minor in journalism and emergency preparedness, homeland security, and cybersecurity. As a proud New Yorker hailing from Westchester County, I always wanted to attend a SUNY school to further my education.

With the assistance of the University at Albany, I have been able to complete an extraordinary number of internships. This past summer I interned for PwC, a Big Four accounting firm in NYC. Previously I have interned for Spectrum News, The FADER music magazine, the marketing company Cornerstone Agency, the Albany Student Press, and the University at Albany.

On campus, I am a Presidential Scholar and I have been on the Dean’s List of Distinguished Students since my freshman year. Last spring, I received the President’s Award for Leadership. I am a member of the Honors College and I am currently working on my honor’s thesis. Additionally, I am a member of the Presidential Honor Society and Omicron Delta Kappa national leadership honor society. I am the former President of Women Excelling in Business and the former Vice President of the National Residence Hall Honorary.

In my free time I love to workout, travel, volunteer, hike, read, spend time with my lovely friends, and drink a lot of tea. Currently, I have traveled to 19 states and nine countries. My goal is to visit all 50 states before I turn 50.

I am excited to share all of the wonderful experiences, opportunities, and successes that SUNY offers to its students, faculty, staff, and alumni. Stay tuned!

Written by Ilene Rothman

Tags: ,

Similar:

Join the Conversation:

There are 0 comments