We illuminate your artistic musical talent across the 64-campus SUNY system beginning November 18.
Music Madness is an exciting way for SUNY students’ original music and talent to gain exposure to the nearly half-million SUNY students and 3 million alumni, among the general public. The SUNY Blog has hundreds of thousands of visitors from around the world every single semester and SUNY on Facebook reaches millions every year — elevating students’ diverse and deep impact stemming from each of the 64 SUNY campuses.
Here’s the rundown:
- Submissions are due by November 13.
- All of your music has to be completely original.
- If you’re entering the contest as more than one person (band, duet, chorus), then the entire entry must consist of at least 50% enrolled SUNY students for this fall semester.
- We’ll run 3 rounds of open voting (>>HERE<<), with those who receive the most votes moving on to the next round. The entry with the most votes in the Final Round is crowned SUNY Music Madness 2013 Champion!
- Oh, and play nice. Here’s our Social Media Policy. And the other terms are below.
Here’s the schedule:
Round 1: Monday, November 18 12:00 p.m. – Sunday, November 24 8:00 p.m.
Round 2 – Semifinal: Tuesday, November 26 12:00 p.m. – Friday, December 6 11:00 p.m.
Round 3 – Final: Tuesday, December 10 12:00 p.m. – Wednesday, December 18 12:00 a.m.