Apply

Female has hand on head sitting at a desk at home.

Mental Health Matters – Managing Stress, Anxiety, and Emotions During A Pandemic

5 thoughts on “Mental Health Matters – Managing Stress, Anxiety, and Emotions During A Pandemic

1. Studies after studies have shown that good aerobic exercises like swimming, jogging or brisk walking can, apart from improving your sense of well being, cause the release of certain chemicals in the brain. These chemicals, structurally similar to opioids have been found invoke a feeling of euphoria, thus attenuating that feeling of despair, and can as well reduce stress, both of which are major factors that contribute to mental illness.

2. I think my sister is experiencing anxiety due to the loss of her husband, which is why I’m thinking of bringing her to a mental health center. Well, this is going to be difficult, but you’re right that it would be best if she’ll focus on what’s happening right now. I’ll also keep in mind to tell him that he must be mindful of all the positive things that are happening in his life.

3. As people work from home, stress and anxiety levels are through the roof – a recent survey, said that 36% of Indian employees are suffering from mental health issues.

4. I’ve never had a big problem with anxiety before. Like any student, sometimes I was stressed before my exams or because of the heavy workload. But it was all easy to solve. In the last month, I really felt anxious and panicked because I didn’t know how to deal with it. Long days of self-awareness, acceptance, and positive thinking had brought me back to normal (almost). Therefore, I wish all those who experience the same problem to stay strong!

5. As someone who is also struggling with heightened anxiety during this trying time, I can’t stress enough just how important it is to focus on the now. It’s what can be controlled, after all, instead of what happened in the past or what may occur in the future. Focusing on the world around you goes a long way.

A laptop shows a student virtual mmeeting taking place on Zoom. Previous post Continuing to Provide Opportunity During a Crisis
A solar array being assembled at SUNY Morrisville. Next post Recognizing A Cleaner, Greener, More Sustainable SUNY on Earth Day